|Paneer Butter Masala Restaurant style|
Fresh Paneer / Indian Cottage cheese cubed - 250 gms
Onion large sized - 2 nos
Ginger - 1" piece
Apple Tomato / Bangalore Tomato / Roma tomato large - 1 and 1/2 nos
Cashew nuts - 15 nos
Kashmiri Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Kasuri methi - 1/4 tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Green Cardamom - 2 nos
Thick cream / heavy cream - 1/4 cup
Butter - 50 gms
Oil - 2 tsp
1. Chop onions, ginger and tomato coarsely.
2. If preferred shallow fry the paneer cubes until golden color or use as it is.
3. Roast kasuri methi in a pan on low heat, allow to cool and crush the roasted kasuri methi between palms, set aside.
4. Heat oil in a non stick pan, add chopped onions, ginger and sugar, saute for few minutes until onions turns transparent and glossy.
5. Add cashew nuts, cardamom, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder to the onions and saute on low heat for a minute.
6. Next add chopped tomatoes to the pan and saute on low heat for 8 to 10 mins, until raw smell of tomato leaves and oil oozes on the sides of pan.
7. Remove pan from heat and allow the tomato mixture to cool.
8. Grind the tomato mixture to smooth paste in mixer blender by adding little water.
9. Wipe the same pan and return to heat.
10. On low heat add butter to the pan, reserve a dollop of butter to garnish.
11. When butter starts slightly to melt, add the ground tomato gravy paste, paneer and required salt to the pan, add required water to loosen the gravy and keep stirring for a minute to slightly thicken.
12. Add heavy cream and crushed kasuri methi to the gravy and stir.
Garnish Paneer butter masala with dollop of butter and serve hot with ghee rice, roti or pulka.
|Panner Butter Masala Recipe|