two

Search this blog

Monday, February 11, 2013

My Winning Story - Superchef Chennai 2nd Runner Up.

Myself with Chef "Padma Shri" Tarla Dalal and Chef Vicky Ratnani


What a blessed start, month of February showered me with abundant blessings. 
In the past, I have been recognized and rewarded as creative expert, as a jewelry designer and I was longing to be recognized as a renowned chef and that magic happened on Feb 2nd and 3rd of 2013. 
Madras Cosmopolitan Ladies Circle 38 conducted a two day, first of its kind high-end live cooking competition and I bagged 2nd runner up in the appetizer category.
More than being in top 3, I was honored to meet and receive award from renowned Chef Padma Shri Tarla Dalal and from NDTV fame Chef Vicky Ratnani.
Being top 12 finalists with Chef Vicky Ratnani

Honey Shichimi Togarashi Chicken Wings




For the pre-cooked preliminary round I prepared a Japanese inspired American recipe  "Honey Shichimi Togarashi Chicken Wings".  And for the next day ultimate 'live' (yes!, it was 'live' like Iron chef, Master Chef Australia and other popular shows on TV) cook-off the 12 finalists were given 3 secret ingredients in a mystery box and had to cook an appetizer using any of the 2 secret ingredients on the spot in 70 mins.

The secret ingredients in my mystery box were chicken, shrimp and olives, as soon as the mystery box was revealed I decided to make my favorite Mexican Cuisine with shrimps and olives. I prepared "Shrimps and Olives Fajitas over mini Tortillas with Pineapple Salsa". 
The renowned chefs judged the dishes on the criteria of Creativity, Complexity, Presentation and Taste. 
Judges evaluating my dish

Shrimp and olives fajitas over mini tortillas with pineapple salsa
The panel of judges were Chef "Padma Shri" Tarla Dalal, Chef Vicky Ratnani, Chef Priya, Chef Rajesh from The Park Hotel and Chef Archana from The Park Hotel. 
Since Tarla Dalal madam being vegetarian she didn't taste my dish but she was so pleased with my food presentation and she congratulated me saying it was excellent presentation with lots of creativity than other 12 dishes. 
Cooking live before judges and audience

Chef Vicky Ratnani and other Chefs appreciated the taste of food and my effort on preparing all the ingredients including fajita seasoning, tortillas and pineapple salsa from the scratch within 60 mins.

MCLC-38 arranged for a stupendous award function and dinner in the evening, I was honored to receive the 2nd runner-up award by Padma Shri Tarla Dalal with prizes worth of Rs 15000 and lots of other gift hampers.

At the award ceremony





I, Thank MCLC-38 for conducting such a high-end, first of its kind cooking competition in Chennai and bestowing me with award from India's renowned chefs and valuable prizes.

My dream had come true and I know this is not the end there are lots to achieve and lots to learn.
Superchef Chennai
Certificate of Winning


Prizes and Goodies

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Super inspirng dear wish u many more happy n proud moments like dis:)

pearse said...

congratulations and wish you more acheivements in the future. DREAM BIG!

pria said...

Congrats dear,wish more to come your way :)

My World My Home said...

Wow...Congratulations for winning the Super Chef Chennai award..:-)

Kaveri Venkatesh said...

Congratulations! Very happy for you

Unknown said...

Congrats dear.. keep rocking

Poornimacookbook said...

congrats. you deserve that.Happy to follow your blog.

Anonymous said...

No wonder you are a Superchef. Your recipes are amazing and I'm big fan of yours.

Mahima Prasad.

Jessy said...

Wow :) Congratulations. Am bit late but just got to read of your achievements. All the very best :)