Wheat flour / Atta - 1 and 1/2 cups
Water to knead dough( approx 1 and 1/4 cup)
Some extra flour to dust and roll paratha
Salt - 3/4 tsp
Ghee - 2 tsp
Ingredients for Cauliflower stuffing
Grated cauliflower - 2 cups
Finely minced green chilli - 1 no ( optional)
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
Kasuri methi / dried fenugreek leaves - 1 tsp
Roasted and crushed coriander seeds - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Sugar - 1/4 tsp ( optional)
Butter / ghee - 1 tsp
1. To prepare paratha dough: combine wheat flour, salt, ghee and water in a bowl. Knead for 10 mins to get a soft and smooth dough( the dough should not be tight) and set aside for at least 30 mins.
2. To prepare stuffing: heat ghee in a pan, add grated cauliflower and minced green chillies, sauté for few seconds. Add red chilli powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder, crushed coriander seeds, crushed kauri methi, sugar and salt to the cauliflower in the pan. Stir well and cook covered on low heat until grated cauliflower is tender at the same time dry. Allow the cauliflower stuffing to cool.
3. Divide the paratha dough into equal sized balls, flatten each dough and roll out into thin and even circles dusting with flour.
4. Spread the prepared cauliflower stuffing on a rolled dough, cover with another rolled dough and seal the edges tightly. Slightly roll on top of the stuffed paratha but make
sure the stuffing doesn't comes out.
5. Heat pan or griddle and place the stuffed paratha, smear ghee around paratha and cook on both sides until golden brown in color on low heat.
Serve hot stuffed paratha with raita and green chilli pickle.
|Gobi Paratha Recipe|