two

Search this blog

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Karaikudi Chicken Pepper Chops.


This is my Mom's specialty Chettinad Chicken recipe, great to have with hot Chapati or Steamed rice with Rasam.

Ingredients
Chicken pieces-250gms
Onions big( finely chopped)-2
Tomato big( finely chopped)-1
Ginger and Garlic paste-2tbsp
Red chilly powder-2tsp
Coriander powder-2tbsp
Pepper powder-1tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2tsp
Salt to taste
Cinnamon-1"
Cloves-6
Cardamom-3
Roast and grind the following together
Pepper corns-2tsp
Sombhu/ Aniseed/ Fennel seeds-1tsp

Method
Marinade chicken pieces in 1 tsp of ginger and garlic paste, 1tsp red chilly powder and 1/4tsp of turmeric powder for atleast 10 minutes. Heat required oil in a pan add cinnamon, cloves and cardamom, fry until aroma rises. Add the chopped onions, ginger and garlic paste. Stir fry until the raw smell leaves, add the marinaded chicken pieces and fry for few more minutes. Now add the tomatoes and fry until the tomatoes are mashed, add turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder, pepper powder and salt. Fry until masala powder is cooked, add enough water for the chicken to cook, simmer heat, cover with lid and allow the chicken to cook well. When the chicken is done increase the heat and stir until the mixture becomes thick, now add the ground masala and fry for a minute. Serve hot with Chapati or Steamed rice.

27 comments:

Vijitha said...

Awesome gravy!I can imagine myself having it with roti. Looks so yum!

PS: I tried making chicken gravy with Achi masala and trust me, it worked awesome.

Sushma Mallya said...

wow looks mouthwatering...lovely click mythreyi

Namitha said...

Mye, that makes me drool...love chettinad recipes..never tried them at home..

Sarah Naveen said...

excellent click
and yummy chicken..
Makes me drool!!

Priya Suresh said...

Woww mouthwatering dish, am drooling rite now here..

sree said...

Wow!!! mouthwatering chicken....it's looking sooooo delicious.

Mythreyi Dilip said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments!

Yes Vijitha, sometimes i too use ready made masala for instant curries but i feel Sakthi masala is better than Achi masala. I feel Achi products are using artificial chilly flavors. When i eat anything made with Achi masala my stomach burns like ulcer. Now days i am using Sakthi masala products that to occasionally. Homemade masalas are always safe:)

pria said...

lovely click dear, it looks so firey

RV @ Food for 7 Stages said...

mouthwatering mye... can I come over..

Dori said...

Looks excellent! I can see all that flavor :)

Sreelekha Sumesh said...

WOW that looks incredible.I love chettinad recipes.Especially nonveg.Looks tempting dear..

Vrinda said...

Such a lovely and spicy chicken...Lov all chettinad dishes...

Avisha said...

Oh my that chicken sure looks delicious and tempting. Pretty easy for me. Am on comfrot food diet right now so will take a few days to try this one. Will let you know how it turns out.

Padma said...

Lovely click and gravy looks nice spicy and yummy... really delicious

Unknown said...

I am great fan of chettinad foods..Slurp!!!
What a delicious recipe!! Arumaiyana chicken pepper chops ...makes me drool!!

Khaugiri said...

Mouthwatering Recipe..... If I show this pic to my husband..... I have to do this on this weekend :)

Urmi said...

Looks delicious, tempting, mouth watering and yummy.

Sumathi Karthikeyan said...

Yummy and Mouthwatering..... nice click

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

Looks spicy and yummy. Nice click.

Soma Pradhan said...

My My what a curry...Feel so hungry seeing chicken...Nice click too

Abhilash said...

mythreyi.. no false comments. This is really marvellous.

It looks delicious. mmm... super!!

shahana said...

First time in your blog.Woww!!!u got a wonderful blog with delicious recipes.ur pics are superb.Im followin u..

Preeti Kashyap said...

yummmy recipe mythreyi! Great click as well. you have a great collection of recipes too. Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

yummy recipe... love it...

petite nyonya said...

Oh my goodness!! This is so mouth watering! I'm seriously craving for this now!

Bergamot said...

this looks just amazingly delicious...

Saraswathy Balakrishnan said...

The snaps itself showed a lot of details and can images the taste in my mouth..chicken is my fav and utterly irresistible....